VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jay Leventhal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Leventhal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:33:29 -0500
Hi Everyone,

The January issue of AccessWorld, now a free, web-only magazine, includes
the article: "Read Me, Read Me Not: A Review of Four DAISY Book Players."
We evaluated the Victor Reader Classic Plus and Victor Reader Vibe from
VisuAide, the Telex Scholar, and Plextor's Plextalk PTR1 player/recorder.

You can read the article at:
http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw050104.

Our tests showed that the Vibe is far superior to the Scholar. The Classic
Plus is the choice for a full-featured player. The PTR1 can also record,
and it is much more expensive.

We will review the Book Port and Book Courrier in a future issue.

Jay Leventhal
Editor in Chief, AccessWorld