VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:28:11 -0400
Hi.  I am having a very strange problem displaying certain types of Web
pages, and I think they may be pages which use Java.  A consistent example
is the Windows Update page.  Instead of getting 20 links or more, I only get
13 or 14 with a weird error message on the status line, and whenever I go to
the Product Updates link the page doesn't change and won't display updates.
Some pages, like the NLS page, won't allow me to perform searches.  995 of
pages display with no problems, but I'd really like to solve this dilema if
I can.  I have tried the obvious, even setting IE settings to their
defaults, but to no avail.  Reinstalling IE6 seems to fix the problem
temporarily, but then it eventually comes back.  Any ideas?
             Godspeed,
    David Goldfield

          http://www.davidgoldfield.com