VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:23:16 -0500
Dear Verio Dial-up Internet Access Subscriber:

Verio recently negotiated an agreement with EarthLink in which Verio
agreed to transfer all of its current Dial-up Internet Access accounts
EarthLink.  This transfer of accounts includes your Dial-up account, BUT
ONLY YOUR DIAL-UP ACCOUNT.  IF YOU ARE RECEIVING OTHER SERVICES FROM
VERIO, THIS TRANSFER WILL NOT AFFECT THOSE SERVICES.

While Verio has had several exciting years as a provider of Dial-up
Internet services, we must respond to the changing demands of the
marketplace.  As you know, the Internet continues to experience rapid
growth. Verio has recognized the need to respond by focusing its
resources
on the suite of products and services that provide customers with
solutions that facilitate seamless growth. Our decision to transfer our
current Dial-up Internet Access accounts stems from normal business and
strategy sessions addressing future plans.  By transferring your Dial-up
account to EarthLink, which has Dial-up Internet Access as a core
competency, your Dial-up account will be well supported.

The following is a brief overview of how Verio intends to transfer your
Dial-up services to EarthLink.  For a more complete overview of this
transaction, including information about EarthLink, please see
http://www.verio.com/dialupfaq

How will your Verio Dial-up account be transferred?

Your Dial-up account will be transferred with little effort on your
part.
Immediately after January 9, 2002, EarthLink will automatically
establish
an EarthLink Dial-up account for you with features that most closely
mirror your current Verio Dial-up plan.  For most Verio Dial-up
customers,
this means that EarthLink will be establishing an EarthLink Unlimited
account for you at $21.95 per month using your current billing
information.  Shortly after your account is established you will receive
EarthLink's Welcome Packet by U.S. Mail that will contain a welcome
letter, EarthLink's Dial-up software, and your new EarthLink email
address
and password.

Please visit http://home.verio.net/support/billing/account.cfm to verify
that we have your current address so that we can ensure you receive your
EarthLink Welcome Packet.

What about the forwarding of your Verio email?

You can arrange to have your Verio email forwarded to your new EarthLink
email address for 30 days after you receive your welcome packet and set
up
your EarthLink account by simply visiting
http://home.verio.net/support/cpu   Login to the Self-Service Control
Panel Utility using your current Verio username and password that you
use
to access your Verio email account.  Click the "Add, Delete, or Modify"
button next to "Mail Forwarder" and fill out your new EarthLink email
address in one of the boxes set up for a forwarding email address.
Click
"Submit" to have your mail forwarding activated.

What if you do not want your Dial-up account transferred?

If you do not want your Dial-up service transferred to EarthLink, you
must
cancel your Verio Dial-up account by January 9, 2002, by visiting the
following url: http://home.verio.net/support/billing/du_cancellation.cfm
You will not have Dial-up access to the Internet as of the date you
cancel
your Dial-up account.

Where can you get further information about this transaction?

For a more complete overview of this transaction, please see
http://www.verio.com/dialupfaq   In addition, prior to receiving
EarthLink's Welcome Packet, you may also email [log in to unmask] or call
1-888-GET-VERIO (1-888-438-8374).  Please understand that we may be
handling a high volume of inquiries and our response time may be a bit
slower than usual.  Until you receive your EarthLink Welcome Packet
containing your new EarthLink username and password, you will not be
able
to obtain information from EarthLink about this transaction.  Therefore,
please do not contact EarthLink at this time.

We believe that you will be pleased with EarthLink's quality service and
support. With more than 4.9 million subscribers, EarthLink is one of the
world's largest providers of Dial-up service to the Internet.
EarthLink's services have won many industry awards including 2000 and
2001
Mobile Computing's First Class award for the best Internet service
provider, 2001 CNET's Editors' Choice Award, and 2000 PC World's Best
ISP
Award.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage.
Again, if you are currently receiving other services from Verio, this
change will not affect those services.  Please be assured that EarthLink
and Verio will be working closely to ensure a smooth transition of your
Dial-up service.

Sincerely,

Kevin Goulet
Vice President, Product Management