VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Colin R. Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 12:35:41 +0100
I've kept this rather a long time so just take the questions and answers
ignoring date-sensitive material.

This is intended primarily for U.K. subscribers.

From: "Andy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 18:09:12 +0100

DiginewscoukUPDATE FAQ v.0.99

Q So what exactly is diginewscoukUPDATE?

A The free service is an email based group which delivers up-to-the-minute
information on all formats of digital TV including cable, satellite and
terrestrial but only for the UK. This information can include channel
launches, channel transmission changes, rumours and analysis and provides
daily digital channel ratings and stories from the day's main papers.

Q Where does all the news come from?

A We have over forty sources from which we take the news - these sources
are all clearly credited at the end of each story. Also, many of the
diginewscoukUPDATE members email [log in to unmask] directly with stories
that are based from firsthand experience of working in the digital
television broadcast industry.

Q Are there any other email groups I can subscribe to?

A Yes, there are two more.

1) The main Diginews UK list is sent out on a weekly basis and covers the
main stories/issues of the week. To subscribe send a blank email to

2) An EPG list where all channels on the Sky Digital platform are written
in Microsoft Word and Notepad for easy reference/printing. To subscribe
send a blank email to [log in to unmask]

Q Is there an accompanying website?

A Yes, at www.diginews.co.uk.

Q I keep receiving the emails in html but I'd much prefer plain text. What
can I do? Or

Q I'd much prefer to receive one email per day rather than loads of
separate ones. What can I do?

preferences for the group to receive the emails in a 'daily digest' format.

Please note that on doing this, tables that are included within the group's
emails will be more difficult to read as they will not be formatted. Also,
time-sensitive information such as TV schedule information may not be
relevant by the time you receive the email.

Q How do I unsubscribe from this group?

A Simply send an email to [log in to unmask]
making sure that you send the email from the account that you receive the
news to.

Q I subscribe to Sky Digital. What new channels can I expect to be added to
the EPG over the next few weeks?

Kerrang 2nd April

Film Four x3 8th April

Where It's At 12th April http://www.whereits.at/

Simply Shopping; 16 April

MTV Dance; 20 April

Q I subscribe to Digital Cable. What channels can I expect to be added to
the line-up over the next few weeks?

A As there are many digital cable providers in the UK at this current time,
it is almost impossible to keep track on all channel line-up changes.

Q I subscribe to Ondigital. What channels can I expect to be added to the
line-up over the next few weeks?

A No channels are expected to be added to the platform over the next few
weeks although Carlton Food Network will be renamed CFN / Taste on 2nd
April and renamed again as Taste from 1st May.

Q Who do I contact if I have more questions?

Contact Digi News UK by any of the following ways;

Email; [log in to unmask]

ICQ: 72793645
MSN Messenger; [log in to unmask]

Yahoo Messenger; moose17hotmail
Please feel free to add these to your messenger services as a contact.

Colin R. Howard

"Microsoft - a triumph of marketing over reality"