VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 18:38:40 -0400
From: "JP S-C" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>;
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 6:21 PM
Subject: FDAWG Mailing List Started

Dear All,
     One of the main resolutions of the Linux
Accessibility Conference was to start a mailing list
on which we could hash out some of the technical and
logistical details we broached on March 22-23.  We
also resolved that we could use this list to plan how
we could become a more legitimate and effective group
of free desktop accessibility advocates and
developers.
     Well, good news, the list and web site are here:

http://www.speechinfo.org/fdawg/

     [Graciously hosted by Alan W Black; don't worry,
there is more content to come in the future.]

FDAWG stands for Free Desktop Accessibility Working
Group.  We are officially supported by FreeDesktop.org
(home of the X Desktop Group) and the Trace R&D
Center, UW Madison, Madison, WI.  FreeDesktop.org will
also publish our selected recommendations and papers
if we wish.
     Although it is probably redundant to mention
this, as it is on the web site and is implied by the
group's name, the FDAWG mailing list will be home for
discussion on the accessibility of free desktops,
primarily Linux, although recommendations for and
discussions about non-free desktops are not
discouraged.

Basic subscription information:

     To subscribe to the fdawg list send mail to

     Let the subject of your message be

"fdawg"

     In the body of your message include

"subscribe fdawg"

To mail a message to the list (once you have
subscribed) simply it mail to

     Let the discussion, debate, and further
definition of the group begin!  Feel free to forward
this message to a friend (we will be posting stories
on various news sites later).  Special thanks to Matt
Campbell, Alan Black, Bud Rizer, Mark Novak, and Aaron
Leventhal for all their advice, time, and services.
Thanks also to CSUN and all the attendees of the Linux
Accessibility Conference.

Best,

--JP Schnapper-Casteras
Organizer of the Linux Accessibility Conference
Founder and Co-Admin of Project Ocularis

=====
-
Cell Phone  -  206-849-9032
Time Zone   -  Pacific (-08:00 UTC)