VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. J. P. Senk" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
M. J. P. Senk
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:44:43 -0400
I just heard of this device and found the info at http://www.cuecat.com

It seems to be free from Radio Shack or you can pay for shipping and order
it on the www.  I haven't heard if the software works with assistive
technology, but since it will only cost you some time, why not give it a
try?

Would the first list member who tests this give us a report on its
functionality and usefulness?  There also seems to be an optional cable to
 link this to your television and enhance your viewing with web info.

--- from www.cuecat.com ---

     The :CueCat keystroke automator is a FREE hand-held device that
   attaches to your computer. About the size of your mouse, the :CueCat
   reader will change how you use the Internet forever!
     To use the :CueCat reader, just run its 'nose' across UPC and ISBN
   codes, proprietary cue codes, and many other standard product codes.
   With just one swipe, the :CueCat reader instantly transports your
   Internet browser to a specific Web page that's directly related to the
   product or advertisement you scanned. No more remembering complex web
   addresses, or searching endlessly for the right link. :CRQ takes care
   of all that for you!
     The :CueCat reader connects to your keyboard port, and will not
   interfere with your mouse or keyboard function... though you'll
   probably find you use them less often, since the :CueCat reader
   eliminates the tasks of typing in long URL's and hunting for hidden or
   confusing links. Plus, installation is a snap... so this cat is ready
   to play right out of the box!
     The advantages don't stop there. You can use your :CueCat reader to
   swipe product labels to find special :CRQ only Internet specials,
   coupons, recipes, and much more! A whole new world of savings and
   information is opened... and best of all, it's FREE! Use our handy
   Radio Shack Finder to locate their nearest location, then stop by and
   ask for your free :CRQ software and :CueCat reader. Don't want to
   leave the house? That's OK... we'll ship :CRQ directly to your home.
   All you pay is shipping & handling, and we'll throw in a free
   convergence cable too!
     It's easy. It's free. Why not try :CRQ today?
   Have more questions? Try our Frequently Asked Questions.
   Wait a minute... :CRQ works for Television too?!?
   Our instructional videos explain even more.
   [getcat-top.gif]
   Digital:Convergence makes it easy to get your FREE :CueCat! Just
   choose a method below, and you'll be seeing our cues in no time!
   [rsfinder-divider.gif]
   [r.gif] [radioshack.gif]
   has locations nationwide... find the one nearest to you, then stop in
   and get your free :CRQ software and :CueCat reader.

                      Find the RadioShack Nearest You

   [getcuecat-divider.gif]
     We will deliver your FREE :CueCat and [catcir1.gif] :CRQ system
   right to your door! Fill out our easy online order form, and you'll
   receive your :CueCat for only the cost of shipping & handling. Order
   today and get a free convergence cable too!

                             Send me a :CueCat!