VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lee A Beaty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee A Beaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 15:21:28 -0500
        Sorry, but I messed up the first time.  Will try again.

I am currently using Pine and Lynx with oaa digital Unix network.  Have
had no experience with Windows.

I did try a demo of Windowseyes, and found that I could access many Web
sites that identify links as "graphics" or "picture."
This is obviously not useful to a totally blind person.

But I keep hearing that Lynx is obsolete and will be able to access a
decreasing number of sites with time.

What to do?  Keep using Lynx/pine orchange to Windows and Ie and get lots
of sites which are so graphical that they are relatively unuseable?

Any ideas or comments from you folks are welcome and appreciated.

Sincerely,
Lee