VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maureen Pranghofer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maureen Pranghofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 10:02:26 -0500
Hi Jim
Yes! isn't tit something to recall how things first were when we started
getting into technology..  Actually the IBM screen reader seems ghigher tech
to me than some of the other things I've had.  My very first exposure to
computers was a HUGE metal cabenet thing which punched out grade one braille
and which had one of those modems with the phone reciever sitting in one of
those cradles.  ANd it only recieved information from a bulletin board at
GTE.  I needed it for work and people just thought it was marvelous.  But,
to tell the truth the thing was so unreliable and put out so much paper that
I didn't use it much.  ANd than there were the hours and hours of
untangeling twisted up tape when studying in high school and college.
Maureen
----- Origi