VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Fettgather <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Fettgather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 20:07:27 -0600
        Hi there, Real-eyes members and other interested parties.

The next meeting of the Real-Eyes Blind Users Group of Kansas City will be
held on Tuesday, March 14, at 2801 Wyandotte, Third Floor, Kansas City.

Here are some upcoming highlights:

Free Tapes:
Of course, as always, free tapes will be distributed to all members.
It has been suggested by a member who will remain annonymous that these
tapes should contain the eighteen and one half minutes of silence from the
Richard M. Nixon archives, but I've got a better idea!

This recording  will once again feature the highly acclaimed   Blindline
program from A C B Radio, an interview with
Peter Scialli from ShrinkWrap Computers.
He was there when it all started, in the days before Dos, through the
turmoil of the transition to Windows, and offers a fascinating perspective
of the past in terms of adaptive technology, and what we might expect in
the future.
This is one of Jonathan Mosen's finest interviews, and it will be yours to
enjoy.

Computer Trivia:
Members have had it far too easy for far too long.  The recent trivia
questions have been comprised of  k-12 material, and now it's time to get
real!
But the rewards are worth it!
Answer part 1:
Recieve a free CD with great programs!
Answer Part 2:
Have your Real-Eyes dues for the year 2000 paid, for free!
Answer Part Three:
Win a special surprise recording available nowhere else, I promise, no
where, any where.

Friendly Reminder:

Real-Eyes needs your help--or, dues and don'ts.

Our treasurer one day awoke
And had the Real-Eyes blues.
No wonder this group is always broke,
No one's paid their dues!

Six lousy bucks, that's all we need
I see it as I call it!
So don't be overcome with greed,
Just open up your wallet!

We'll have a bash, we'll take a cruise,
So please do not forget it!
We really need those Real-Eyes dues,
I know you won't regret it!

Special Feature:
Have you ever wondered how in the world you can avoid all those irrelevant
results that seem to over run your pc when you do a web search?  Finally a
great way to search the web from your desktop, and it's free!
The Ferretsoft suite of programs makes searching the web both productive
and a pleasure.  Web Ferret, News Ferret, and Phone Ferret will be
demonstrated at Tuesday night's meeting, and of course, the winner of the
trivia challenge will recieve a copy of the freeware program on his/her CD.
There are professional versions of these programs as well.
To find out more, visit:

http://www.ferretsoft.com

Also, there will be time for questions. We can never guarantee answers, but
we can always guarantee lots of questions!

See you Tuesday!

        Visit the Real-Eyes Blind Computer Users Group of Kansas City at
http://www.real-eyes.org