VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Aldworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:09:16 -0600
I suggest that education rather than "blame" might be in order.  To further
this educational aim, check out www.w3.org/wai for guidelines useful to web
designers and set up so developers can easily follow the directions given
and thus design or alter web sites so they become more accessable.  Please
understand that this is not an easy issue for many reasons.  Lack of
knowledge is truly something we need to work with people to overcome.  I
doubt designers lie awake at night and plan their pages so people cannot
access them.  The tools needed to design pages well are not always ones
they know how to obtain..  The site given above also has links providing
more tools.

E. Aldworth