VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maureen Pranghofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 15:38:10 -0500
Hello, You were asking for information about disability services and
university students.  I attended the University of Minnesota some years
ago and at that time students were working very closely with the
Disability Services to start a Disability Cultural Center, a center like
those for other minority racial groups etc. on campus.  We were successful
in getting an initial grant to do this and I was the first president of
the center.  As I've no longer at the school I don't really know what's
happening now but we put on workshops for people within the campus
teaching them about healthy ways to look at disability and to make
accademic accommodations.  disability services at 626-1333 and for the
disabled students cultural center 624-2402 area codes (612).
The disability services also has a web http://disserv3stu.umn.edu.
Hope this helps. Maureen

VICUG-L ARCHIVES     http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/vicug-l.html
INDEX of VICUGS		 http://trfn.clpgh.org/vipace/vicug/vicugs.html