From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:45:34 GMT
I would like to add a little to this.  This looks like an oooohhhhhh so
familiar Compaq message.  It could be the hard drive itself.  On several
Compaq's I have worked on in the past, a hard drive with a damaged MBR or
simply a hard drive that went bad would start coming up with this error.
This is not as likely a possibility as the ones Eric suggested, and I would
say look to those issues first, but this is something to consider down the
road if nothing else seems to be working.

Kyle