From:
"Petr V. Astakhov" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:59:10 +0400
-----Исходное сообщение-----
От: Kylie Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Дата: 8 сентября 1999 г. 1:25
Тема: Bypassing BIOS Password

>Hello everyone,
>
>I have a group of computers to try and fix. Some of the problems seem to
>be hard drive related, however, every PC has the BIOS password protected
>and no one knows the password. Does anyone know how to get past the BIOS
>password? The auto detect is also switched off, so I can't swap hard
>drives (they are all different sizes and brands). Any help would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Kylie Nielsen

1-st way. Take the user's manual for the mainboard and at the jumper
description find "reset cmos" or "clear cmos" or "battery setup" jumper.
Turn off you computer, and set the jumper as discribe. Turn on computer. Go
to BIOS - BIOS must be clean. Turn off you computer, and set the jumper in
first position. It's all.
2-nd way. Take the Norton Utilities Ver.8.0. Make rescue disk. And write to
file "cmosinfo.dat" wrong data. After this you restore you bios and reboot
the computer. They sayd "CMOS checksum failure" and enter to the CMOS Setup
for correct settings.
3-d way. Turn off you computer pull down cover and remove the
battery.Connect + and - and after 1-4 hour your BIOS will be clean.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org