From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:23:51 -0700
On 23 Jul 99, at 12:28, Robert Bowen - Information Se wrote:

>   I have a funny question.  Can I damage my laptop by leaving it on 24
> hours a day 7 days a week?  Reason I am asking is that I want to use my
> Thinkpad 770ED as an NT server that I can trash when needed.  I would only
> be using it when I am not using it out on the road.  I just don't want to
> do any damage to it.

  We routinely use a laptop to monitor traffic on our network, because we can
easily move it from place to place.  But it may sit in one place, on and
monitoring traffic, for a week or more at a time.
  If yours has an option to turn off the screen when not in use, that might
be a good idea.  But I can't think of anything else that might be likely to
have a problem with 24x7 usage.

David G

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html