From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:26:46 -0400
These areas tend to "grow" as a drive gets older.  If anything in there is coming
loose and flying around, the damage is spread to other areas of the drive where
the entire process can start again through physical damage.  If nothing else,
I would "test" this drive often, and keep good back-ups of data.
                 Rick Glazier

> This message does in fact mean that something is wrong. The format program
> has found bad sectors and has attempted to repair them. Once the format is
> complete, run scandisk and have a look at the sectors that are marked bad,
> these will all have been marked during the format process. Not good news for
> the drive, if you choose to continue using it, be sure to keep a backup of
> important files!

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org