From:
Changhsu Liu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 15:18:42 -0400
Greetings,
It seems that I have had many PC problems recently. :-) I have a Digital
Research 50X IDE CD-ROM (Afreey is the OEM). It's strange that the CD-ROM would
recognize data CD as audio CD once I have audio CD inserted. The only way to
make it to recognize data CD again is to reboot the machine. It does not matter
whether I had inserted a data CD before I inserted an audio CD. Once audio CD
is played, no more data CD until reboot. I believe it was like this since I got
it.

Also, the speed of the drive does not reach 50X maxium as claimed or not even
close to what was reported on http:/come.to/cdspeed. Any tips to speed it up?
My test using CDSpeed 99 shows it reaches only around 26X, starts at 14.77 and
average around 20X. The DAE speed is only average 14X....

My system setup:
Processor: Pentium II 450mhz
Memory: 128MB PC100 SDRAM
Win98