From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:22:08 GMT
Can't help you with the CPU speed problem (though I would guess that it's
either the clock multiplier, the bus speed setting, or both).  But, I have a
few suggestions for the modem.

The grey'ed out areas you are getting sounds like the drivers either did not
load completely, or are bad.  I would try re-installing the, and then
squaking in the ear of Motorola like a 500lb mouse if it doesn't work.  The
connect problem sounds like it could be in your initialization string.  You
might want to issue a command to the modem (I think it's under the
"Advanced" button in your modem properties) to reset, which would be "ATZ",
or check the manual and see if there is a recommended initialization string.
  Hope this helps.

Kyle