From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 19:22:14 +1000
hi,
despite my enthusiasm for root vegetables, I must admit I'm a bit stuck as
to which are paleo. I've seen in Staffan Lindbergh's Katava report that the
Katavans ate root veges, and I've seen them mentioned elsewhere.
I get the idea that sweet potatoes aren't good.
Potatoes are definitely off limits.
Carrots should be OK I hope. How about parsnips, turnips/ rutabagas, swedes,
beetroot etc.
What's the difference between a tuber and a root? (no, not an egg and a
root). I imagine it's that a tuber is an underground storage organ whereas a
root vegetable is more an edible root- surely it gets a bit more
sophisticated than that?

Thanks in advance
Ben