From:
Midas Gold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:39:29 -0400
"Anna L. Abrante" wrote:

> I can see why the new testament would loosen restrictions on food.

The food and other restrictions were loosened in order to severe
Christianity's early ties to Judaism and make it more appealing and
accessible to non-Jewish people.  That helped Christianity grow to
eventually become a very successful worldwide religion.

> Any seperatist religious behavior leads to war in the name of god.
> Because of a sense of superiority of those following what they think
> are gods laws. This has been true since time immemorial.

By that reasoning, then, Christianity would have been immune from
leading to "war in the name of god," right?

--
Deanna