From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:02:08 +0200
Ken Stuart wrote:
>Todd Moody wrote:
>
>>Your implementation of paleo is very interesting.  I note that
>>your daily consumption of meat comes to about 10 ounces, at most,
>>so that most of your fat intake is from monounsaturated sources:
>>nuts and olive oil.  Even though you are getting most of your
>>calories from fat, your caloric intake is low.

>This meal description looks to me like what some call a " Paleo Zone

>Diet ".

>10 ounces of meat means minimal but adequate protein for women who

>are in the
>lower 40-50% of body weight, and who do not more than light levels

>of exercise
(>ie no daily hour-long runs, etc.).

10 ounces (280grams) of meat per day "minimal adequate" for
one woman?
I get from Nutrition Analysis Tool at
 http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~food-lab/nat/mainnat.html
for 10 oz of BEEF;GROUND, EXTRA LEAN, COOKED, BAKED, WELL DONE
for a 25 y old woman:
   Nutri     Total    Rec.   %Rec.
-----------+--------+------+------
  Calories  776.79    2200   35.31%
Protein(g)    85.9      50   171.8%
  Fiber (g)       0      --    --
  Cal (mg)   25.52     800    3.19%
 vitC (mg)       0      60       0%
 Thia (mg)    0.14     1.1   12.73%

That looks like *very* much protein was substituting the lacking
energy of fat or carb.
Missing Vitamins B1,C, Calcium (and B6,E,Folic acid, not listed here)
are in Lynnets case probably supplied by the other items.
Thanks good there are the nuts.

challenge:
Try to find any *paleo* food item (whole thing),
supplying the remaining energy
without already supplying the needed protein.

>On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Lynnet Bannion wrote:
>> It doesn't amount to a lot of calories (1200-1400 usually), but it

is
>> quite
>> satisfying to me.
This seems like a diet which is complete in vitamins and other
essentials since it doesn't create additional cravings
-which had to be measured in calories.
Thanks for that information, Lynnet.

regards

Amadeus