From:
Sandra Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 20:15:00 -0600
I need some help with the pemmican recipe.  I am beginning to feel like a
dunce.  I dehydrated the beef, ground it in the blender and melted the beef
fat twice.  When I put the ground up dried beef into the fat I
realized that I didn't have enough fat since it wasn't pourable, it was only
moistened. Used it anyway, realized too late that I shouldn't have used the
cupcake papers since that was soaking up some of the grease.

I put it into the refrigerator and when I take them out they are solid but
as they get to room temperture they get soft and soggy.  Taste great though.
I noticed that the ones that are cold have a heavy layer of fat along the
bottom. Is this the way it should be?   If I had used more fat, like I
suppose I should have, they would have been very greasy. If you don't use
the papers with the tins do they come out easily?  I didn't use any
seasonings, actually they are very satisfying.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.  I had already bought
the beef I was going to use before
I read John's post about asking the butcher to slice it. I would never have
thought of it myself, but today when grocery shopping  I asked and in a few
minutes she was back with it all nicely sliced.  What a time saver!! Thanks!

Sandra