Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:49:57 -0800
Bill wrote:

  The article cautioned against having less than 26% fat in the diet, as
less than that reduces good cholesterol, and raises tri-glycerides,
which raises a persons chance of cardiac disease.

> Perhaps the low fat craze is coming to an end.

On the 5 o'clock news,PST..there was a similar report..saying moderate
fat is ok and mb as good as or better than low-no-fat. Get lower
cholester/insul levels etc just as well!!!!!!!!!

They didn't quote a particular study, just said: "dieticians say..."

My hunch is that many nutritionists will say some patronizing stuff
like: it's not really better [but we will tell people that] because if
it makes the diet more palatable people will stay on their diets, then
in the long run it will work better. Mark my words.

I doubt they will *ever* admit that it was *never* a good idea for many
many people who are far more at risk from carbs than fat.