From:
Paul Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 13:53:30 -0700
> What do you mean by "sugar bred into it"?  Good point not mentioning paleo.

I tried NeanderThin for seven days and gave it up:  it was not working in
more ways than one.

Someone pointed out that the fruit I was eating was not the same fruit
that was around 100,000 years ago, but something that through thousands of
years of breeding was far sweeter.  Therefore, this was the true root of
my failure.  So I intend to give NeanderThin another try sometime.  In the
meantime, I'm going back to my old reliable CKD plan.

So, it seems that the key to paleo gardening is to use varieties that had
very little breeding on them.  As close to native species as possible (or
at least low in sweetness).