From:
Lisa Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 08:14:05 -0500
Hi everyone,

I am new to this list, but some of you may know me from the lowcarb
exercise list maintained by Dave Skinner.  I don't know a whole lot about
Neanderthin, but I hear ya'll talking about eating alot of red meat, in
addition to fruits, nuts, etc.  I know I need to read through the archives,
but I was wondering if you are in ketosis on this diet.  Do you set limits
on the amounts of carbs and/or calories you eat?  Are there ratios for the
amounts of protein/carbs/fats?  Do I need to buy the book? <smile>

I signed on just yesterday, and am going on vacation next week, so will be
setting it to 'nomail' tomorrow, but look forward to being a more active
member when I get back from vacation on Sept. 8th.

Thanks for any helpful info.  I have been doing practically no carbs, but
am not getting the results that some others seem to have eating like the
cyclical keto dieters (sp?) on the exercise list (I end up not doing the
weekend carb load because of that and so have been more or less strick
atkins really). I am 35 years old, 5.5 inches tall, 128 pounds.  As you can
see, I don't have alot of weight to lose, but I would like to get to around
18-20% body fat (I'm not sure what I am now, but I think probably about
23-25% maybe).  I just have not lost inches, although I weight train (also
do cardio), and I am getting stronger I think.  My goal however is fat loss
more than gaining muscle (at least right now).

I know this is a long introduction. Have a good one everyone! <smile>

Lisa