From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 00:15:52 -0500
Moira wrote:

> One of my friends said that too much meat is bad for my son, that the liver
> cannot process all the protein.
>
> What is the Neanderthin answer to that statement?
>
> BTW, she is not a vegetarian advocate, rather advocates a balanced diet of
> protein, vegetables and carbos.

Considering that a human is designed to live exclusively (in good health
without vitamin or mineral deficiency)on the uncooked flesh of prey
animals, it is impossible that the human liver would be unable to
process the proteins in a meat-rich diet.

Only a doctor is qualified to tell you that your son's liver is
defective-- such a diagnosis can only be made by a thorough examination
and testing. It sounds as if your well-meaning friend is offering
"common wisdom" instead of well-researched information.

Unless you have concrete evidence leading you to suspect that he has a
liver problem, it is probably fine for him to eat as much as wants of
the food which evolution designed him to eat.

Troy Gilchrist
NEANDERTHIN
<http://www.sofdesign.com/neander>