From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:23:13 -0400
>People who question the vaccines, which make manufacturers billions of
>dollars globally, are called anti-government phobes, conspiracy freaks,  and
>other names.

ha, _now_ you tell me.
i avoid taking my kids to the doctor, except for when they are actually
sick, we skip all those 'well-baby' visits, thank you.

but my son, age 11 is going to a new school this fall, and a physical exam
is required to enter.  so off we truck to the pediatrician's office.  he
hadn't been there since he was 6 years old and sprained his hip.
his physical was normal, and the nurse comes out to the waiting room, and
goes, 'we're going to give him his immunizations now'
i said, oh, no, i don't think so.  they wanted to give him a HIB, MMR,
Hepatitis B, and a tetanus booster!
they acted like *I* was the crazy one for declining the privilige of having
his healthy body shot full of attenuated viruses.
especially the hepatitis one--i asked, why, if he is not an active
homosexual or an IV drug user (the 2 main risk groups for this), why does he
need the vaccine?
they really didn't have any good answers, except that 'all the kids get
these shots'
finally, we just had to get up and leave.

with any luck, we won't have to go back for another 5 years.

JoAnn.