CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
frank scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:38:41 -0800
What we have here is a failure to communicate...re the accusations back
and forth on racism and suppression of freedom...take a deep breath,
kids!

Andre speaks very clearly, though he is obviously using a language that
is at least his second. he doesn't seem - to this less than humble
observer - to be  for suppressing anyone's right to speak, but rather
speaks against  the use of insulting terms and references to a specific
people who are fair game for bigots who never think of themselves as
bigots...

lumping "serbs" together as vicious, murdering, genocidal types is even
dumber than lumping germans into that category...ease up, please...this
is america, and we take a back seat to no one...nobody....no
people...when it comes to going about our business ( shopping, driving,
working, eating, etc) while "we" bomb, shoot, kill, maim , etc, via our
geopolitical and separate entities called government, military and so
forth and so on...

at least the bloody bastards who killed and are being killed (yet!
still!) in kosovo have a passionate involvement in their bloody
deeds...before we indulge ourselves in superior, snooty and really
aggravating crap - labeling others from our high position as
shoppers-while-others-slaughter-for-us enlightened types - we might
consider the facts, the death tolls and face reality.

the "serbs" are no better or worse than the "kosovo albanians", but both
might...just might...be morally superior to a group that does nothing
but argue , debate and name call, while others use its tax dollars to
kill...who dat?????

Life becomes cheaper, much cheaper, when an entire people are invisible
(Iraq) or demonized (Serbs)...and by the way, I also think the stuff
about the right-winger in austria is none of our damned business...if
they voted for the shmuck ( if he is a shmuck), it is their
problem...all this allegedly high toned protest against him comes from
some very low-class apologists for mass murder and rape, as long as that
murder and rape is conducted under liberal, corporate capital rules of
"civility"....screw them, too...

and if we don't create a reasonable, respectful voice for radical
politics, we will face greater right wing expression here in the
USA...when the left-liberal-progressive wing indulges in the kind of
stuff that we do here, it is no wonder that "masses", that legendary
entity spoken of in the abstract but rarely dealt with except with
disrespect, will move to the right...check history, but don't deny it,
please...

fs