VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:11:58 +0100
Hi listers,

   NOFRAMES is a H T M L tag that is added to
a H T M L file calling URLs with frames.
The NOFRAMES tag let people with browsers that does not support FRAMES
select no frames alternative.
The word NOFRAMES maybe not in your dictionary, but it is used by many
people on a lot of sites.

Regards Peter Verhoeven
Internet : http://www.plex.nl/~pverhoe/main2.html (The Screen Magnifiers
Homepage)

>To Peter Verhoeven from Peter Seymour.
>
>Thank you for the posting about Bobby. Ironically, your message could have
>been more accessable.
>
>Specifically, you wrote, "...no noframes alternatives..." in one of your
>sentences. I don't know about other people's screen reading systems, but
>the word noframes does not sound like "no frames" or "no-frames."
>
>I had to go back and read that word letter by letter to understand what
>you meant. I am almost absolutely sure that there is no such word as
>noframes in the English language. If this was a typo, ignore my
>accuzations. Otherwise, I have some suggestions for people who post to
>this list.
>
>1. Do not invent words. The pronumciations may be strange, leading to
>confusion and time spent deciphering.
>
>2. Typing without abbreviations and putting spaces between anagrams (e.g.
>T W A, instead of TWA) will make postings easier to read, by listening,
>that is.
>
>It seems to me that this list should be as accessable as possible to its
>users. Let's leed the way by writing with listening readers in mind.
>
>P.S. I typed the word "lead" in the preceding sentence as leed, spelled l
>e e d. My reader pronounces l e a d as led because it thinks I mean the
>metal, not the verb. This is
>another accommodation that we can make for each other.
>
>Peter Seymour

Name         : Peter Verhoeven
Department   : R-IS
Lacation     : 3F52