Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 16:11:51 -0500
The FIC 503+ is a solid, cost effective motherboard.  Existing RAM can be
SIMM or DIMM, but the board will not (reliably) run with both DIMM and SIMM
installed simultaneously.  The ATI Rage 16MB video card is, in my opinion,
overkill for the 233 processor.  Consider an 8MB 2D/3D combo AGP card (under
$50) with Riva 128ZX (for example) chipset as a more cost conscious and
balanced solution.  I have installed about a dozen FIC 503+ boards with no
complaints yet.  Installing an i740 chip video card was very tricky on this
motherboard (may have been the chip or the specific card I used).  Ensure
USB support is installed first if using Windows 95.  Sound card will have no
problems.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]