Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Cecilia Moen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:05:00 +0200

Jean-claude wrote:
>try the plain dry meat without any seasonning, dried below 42
celsius. Ayden
>love it.

I've tried that but so far she just nibbles (I have however put some
thyme in it, next time I'll do some plain)...
My daughter turned out to be allergic to all grains except rye so I
have been giving her
Swedish bloodpudding which is cow and pig's blood mixed wth suet and
rye flour. She'll eat that. And fish soup. And chicken sometimes. But
that's it. I felt more hopeful the first week on the diet, because
then she tried eating eggs several times, but now she doesn't want
that either. So basically she is eating very little at the moment and
breastfeeding a lot. She is however eating a lot more bananas. Now
she'll eat maybe 2 /day compared to 1/week before... And she has begun
to eat cashews. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait. It is
after all a major change.

I was interested in reading that you thought aged meat tasted better.
I tasted some the other day and I agree. I also think it makes a nicer
base for pemmican. I am a little afraid to eat raw meat though. My
"reason" kicks in and I remind myself I am single and far away from a
hospital and no car... So I think - Don't risk getting sick. But I am
very interested in eating more. I love eating raw fish, dark fish
especially in dip sauces like wasabi.

I was wondering does anyone eat raw meat with dip sauces. What sauces
are nice? I know someone who like to eat raw meat who always drinks
"schnapps" (strong alcohol) afterwards to "kill the bugs" (probably
kills everything else too, but I can understand his viewpoint...)
Anyway I was thinking, any dip sauces that might decrease bacteria? I
know the rice vinegar used in sushi keeps the bacterial growth down on
fish quite a lot (so much so it can be stored at room for a day)

Cecilia in Sweden with a 2 1/2 yo