Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Toby Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:28:56 -0700
John C. Pavao wrote:
> I am trying to lose weight, and I have 4 eggs and 4 slices of bacon for
> breakfast, three well-cooked hamburger patties for lunch, and two steaks
> for dinner most nights.  What you're talking about there sounds kind of
> light.

What I want to know is: how did you decide to eat that particular amount
of protein? The example I gave SHOULD sound light. It isn't something
that I'm eating or planning to eat; it is meant to illustrate the point
that my palate isn't a very good prompt to eat the quantities of meat
that everyone else is eating.

> Neanderthin does give examples of what Ray eats in a day, and if you
> compare, your list sounds like one of his snacks!
>
> What's the 10 Commandments got to do with this?

The point about the 10 Commandments is that in only identifying TYPES
of foods, I don't get any kind of guideline as to quantity or
proportion.
Well, there is one guideline to quantity: eat until you're not hungry.
But again, if it were up to me, I would eat fruit and nuts until I
wasn't hungry. But I have some reasons for thinking that this would
have the same beneficial health effects as a more well-rounded
Neanderthin diet.

Toby