Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 11:30:47 -0400
Grant et al,

The easiest and most economical way to get into smokers is to get one of
those R2D2 units from the Home Depot or some other department store.  I
knew a guy who had one and it worked well.  However... if you are talking
about barbecue beef brisket, you might be better off getting a regular
barbecue pit.  I've seen them at WalMart for about $179.  They look like a
big black barrel with a smokestack.  The reason is that it is supposed to
be more difficult to maintain the proper temperature in an upright smoker
necessary for properly cooking brisket.  The uprights tend to get too hot.

Do a web search on www.altavista.digital.com using the following keys:

barbeque barbecue BBQ

You'll learn alot.  I did.

Take care,
John Pavao

----------
Regina M. Lubbers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am trying to find out some information about smokers. .
>.  Has anyone ever used one?
> Also, what kind would you buy . .?

I've been eagerly watching this thread hoping for answers too, but haven't
seen any :(

To have "smoked beef brisket and chicken wings" at a Neander-Bash sounds
very enjoyable but not so practical because all of the commercial products
seem to have nitrates, sugar and younameits.

Anyone have a smoker and some ideas on how to use them?

Thks
Grant