From:
Pixilated <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:28:11 -0700

Dear Friends,

I just read this article on KAMUT called "Wheat You Can Eat" at this
site:

http://www.naturalland.com/hv/hnews/qa.htm

What makes me so angry is, that we have gained so much ground recently
in the media, and then this misinformed site has the audacity to print
stuff like this - QUOTE:

>"For people who can't eat wheats or grains of any sort due to gluten
>intolerance (celiac disease), there is a product on the market [Kamut]
>that could prove to be a big help to those people."

What are they thinking of?  It is very clear to me that the author of
the article has mixed up their facts on wheat intolerance (celiac) and
wheat allergy.  I say this because for the rest of the article they only
talk about allergic reactions.

What can we do to set the record straight?  I'd hate to see a new celiac
read this information and believe that they could eat Kamut.  One can
only hope that the person who originally wrote to ask the question knows
better!

Off my soap box,

Lynda Swink
                           ..