From:
jody hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:26:35 -0700

Getting diagnosed was the best thing that ever happen to me.It was a
relief to find out exactly what I have.

Being celiac has been an adventure for me.I find different foods on the
web and take to my stores and ask if they can carry it.Most of the time
they can.

Here in Eugene,Oregon Oasis and Price chopper will get any foods for me
wheat and gluten free.Here in eugene,oregon there arent any support
groups.The best support group I have found is right here.I have been
able to contact other people and call on the phone.I can get lots of
food thru the web.I have all of Bette Hagmans recipe books,and Carol
Fensters books as well.I to have jax lowell as well which has helped me
how to order in a restaurant and on trips.

With my family they are very supportive and they know that wheat is
like rat poison to me.I have a daughter who is a chef and comes over
and makes me special meals(WOW,wat a treat)I have been able to make a
pizza crust from moon crust (1-877-862-4457) and take it to a pizza
restaurant where they put it on a special plate and all there toppings
and I can eat pizza out.I just recently took my crust to the restaurant
where they put there toppings on and I brought them home and froze for
a treat.Life for me is wonderful and all my friends I still have and
they are very supportive.I KNOW and take care of my needs.It is my
adventure and I do very well learning,talking to people.Iam so glad to
be diagnosed so I can live a happy and normal life without pain.Life is
a journey and iam happy to be in it.I dont dwell on what I cant have
but I look at all the foods I CAN have!Focus on the good!It is a
blessing to be wheat and gluten free!Iam so healthy and I love life!

Your celiac friend,jody