From:
Paul D Hawvermale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 16:07:03 -0400

One week ago, I posted the question of a possible Alzheimer's/CD
connection, and if any serious research is being done on this subject.  I
received 13 very good responses and I thank everyone who answered.
      Most everyone agreed there must be a connection since CD seems to
be effecting our thinking processes, and our physical well-being.
      What I considered to be the best  answer, was we need to stay
mentally active and learn new things and take advantage of new
opportunities.  This person also takes 4 Advil's a weeks to possibly
reduce the inflammation which some think occur in the brain.
     One suggested taking a good multivitamin with Vitamin E, GF of
course.
     One suggested taking Aricept to help the "fuzzy brain thinking"
which I was told is used for persons suspected of having Alzheimer's.
      Several persons recited conversations with older family members,
who remembered stomach problems and "gastro" problems.
      In June 1996, a post was made concerning the presence of aluminum
in the brain from heavy salt ingestion( very common among gluten
intolerance folks due to reductions in bile salts).
     One person gave a very moving experience of her father in a nursing
home not receiving his normal epsom salts baths, and how much improved he
was after the practice was resumed.
     One person gave me 16 hits which have been posted on this site back
through 1995-96 and most suggested there must be a connection  and we
must stay mentally active to keep our "sanity".