From:
Kirsten Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:39:58 -0600

I am new to this list. Neither my son, Jonathan (16 months old) nor I are
celiac, but Jonathan had severe eczema from 6 weeks old while 100%
breastfed.  I am still breastfeeding. He has allergies/sensitivities to
wheat, oats and corn when I eat it, or when he does (when he got older), as
well as milk (not all dairy, just milk), peanuts, and shellfish. He has also
shown some sensitivity to soy, but not always. He can have barley and
millet.

We have used applied kinesiology (muscle reflexology) to determine these
sensitivities, and diet has cured his eczema symptoms.  The Gluten-free
Gourmet Cookbook has been a great resource, but I have trouble modifying
recipes to also get corn-free. I am still breastfeeding, and avoiding most
of these items, although I eat some wheat.

Are there others who are wheat, oat and corn intolerant?  Are there other
resources for this combination of allergies/sensitivities?  Everyone tells
me how corn is a common allergy, but there are very few corn-free recipes
and items, especially with gluten or wheat free.

I will summarize all responses and post back to the list.  Thank in advance
for all your support and information.

Kirsten
Mother of Two - Becca, 6 (almost 7) and Jonathan, 16 mos.