From:
"Tara M. Robertson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:14:36 -0400

Maybe it is just me but I have a hard time with both fatigue and
depression and I have been a celiac patient for almost 8 years.  My diet
is 90% gluten-free and I do my best to stay clear of gluten.  I am 28
years old and found this disease to be quite a difficult one.  The
extremely well hidden glutens are the most frustrating parts.  I feel
like all I do is read labels and sometimes I am unsure about whetther or
not the product I am eating is gluten free.  Is there anyone else out
there that feels this same way?  I work 40hrs. a week just like everyone
else and quick dinners are never an option.  salad dressings are the
hardest and I am so very tired of Kens Country French, although it is
good, I do like variety.  I will go to a salad bar and think I am eating
so healthy and then, even though I know better I will use honey mustard
or ranch and I know there has got to be something in these that I am not
supposed to have but what are you supposed to do?  Go up to the manager
who is maybe 19 and say "Hi, I have celiac disease, do you know the
exact ingredients of all of your salad dressings?  Frustrated.  Tara -