From:
JOHN EDWARD SANDERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:44:11 -0500

>Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:32:09 -0400 (EDT)
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Request to Post a Recipe to a Listserve
>
>Dear Ms. Pratt,
>
>It is fine with us to post the recipe for Georgettes. Thanks for asking.
>
>Sincerely,
>Cathy Swiney
>Editor

After sending this recipe to nearly 100 persons directly, I finally
received permission to post it to the list.  Here is the recipe.  Bon
Appetite!

-----

GEORGETTTES

2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy or super-chunk peanut butter

Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.  Add sugar 1
tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition.  Continue beating
until very stiff peaks form.  Lightly fold in peanut butter just until
mixed.  Drop by tablespoons ful onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake in a
300-degree oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from
cookie sheets immediately.  Yield:  3 dozen cookies.

Sandra E. Pratt, Brownsville, Southwest Tennessee Electric Membership
Corporation

"That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles, Tastes Across Tennessee, The Tennessee
Magazine" Tennessee Electric Membership Cooperative Association, Nashville,
Tennessee, Vol. 43, No. 6, p. 25.