From:
Holly Gault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:24:11 -0800

Good morning,

 I have been gf for six months. I am undiagnosed celiac with DH. Up until a
month ago I felt sooo much better on my gf diet with only occasional
symptoms that I attributed to gluten contact.

Those symptoms:  1st day after contamination; food obsession and lethargy.
2nd morning after contamination; diarrhea 3 or 4 hours. After a week, the DH
would burst forth, as well.

At the beginning of the month I had a verified contamination with wheat, but
my symptoms were very different and continue still: 1st day after; lethargy
and feeling vaguely sick. 2nd day; constipation and the feeling that I had a
bubble of gas trapped under my ribs on the right side. Waves of pain every 5
to 10 minutes throughout my trunk. Over a week's time, these painwaves
dulled; but now, two and a half weeks later, the dull waves return several
times a day.

Are these symptoms consistent with any of you fellow GIs and CSs? I would
like to know before I contact my doctor.

Holly Gault