Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:31:41 -0700
From:
Ellen Switkes <[log in to unmask]>

The following notice announces grant funds for research in celiac disease.

The deadline is tight.

Ellen Switkes
Oakland CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Research on Celiac disease

The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney
Diseases, a branch of the National Institutes of Health, is
accepting applications for grants to support research on Celiac
disease, an autoimmune, gastrointestinal disorder characterized by
intolerance to gluten.

Who is eligible: public and private for-profit and non-profit
organizations, higher-education institutions, hospitals, units
of state and local governments, and some agencies of the
federal government.

Deadline for letters of intent to apply: June 22. Applications
are due on July 22.  Total amount to be awarded: up to $1-million.
Amount of individual awards: not specified, but the agency
plans to support three to five grants.

View the full text of the announcement in the N.I.H.'s Guide to
Grants and Contracts. Browse the N.I.H. Guide.