Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:37:53 -0500
From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>

Hi All--

I went to Oklahoma City this weekend (first trip away from home being
gf) and came home very frustrated and a bit depressed. Though I
contacted a celiac support group person in OK City for suggestions on
where to eat and worked so hard at staying strictly within the
suggestions I was given, I ended up getting gluten somewhere and
considered going to one of the hospitals we passed by after dinner on
Saturday. However, I managed and all is getting better.

The frustration and depression was building before I left, as most, if
not all, non-sweet snack things on several "safe" lists are not
available in Kansas - we're inundated with Lays products because they
are made here in Topeka, but Lays can't guarantee any of their products
are gf. (Can you guess what my next campaign will be?) So, when I
returned to work yesterday, I emailed Wise Foods, which makes "Cheez
Curls" and "Cheez Doodles," which are listed on one safe list I have. I
indicated my gluten sensitivity and asked if they could verify these two
products were gf. Also, I asked if they have other gf products, and if
so, how could I purchase them? I received the following response from
the President of Wise Foods....sounds encouraging for us!

Ayn-
I am sensitive to your concern because we also handle Delicious cookies which
now has a gluten free line of cookies -- will look into it and get back to you
or have the proper person contact you.
thanks
fred
president
wise products

I'll post any further responses I receive from Wise Foods.

Ayn.