From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:17:58 -0400
IS this an AT style keyboard connector?  I find that style to be more fragile
and susceptible to failure.  Was the keyboard connected during
SCSI card installation?  I don't like the fact that the lites are not blinking
during boot-up.  On an AT style board I would suspect the keyboard
connector is damaged, although for an AT board, the way the connector
passes thru a punch-out in the case, it may just be lack of enough clearance
for the cable to get a snug connection.
Tom Turak

>From: William Hornkohl <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [PCBUILD] dead keyboard problems
>
>After attempting to install a SCSI controller on my computer the keyboard
>does not respond.  I tried another keyboard on the same computer but it
>still showed no signs of life (not even the caps lock or num lock keys
>light
>up).

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html