Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:46:17 -0400
Brenda lea martin wrote:

> Thanx for your insight.  I agree with most of what you say, but still prefer
> to eat no mammels at all, and because of the info from Atkins, Paleo, and Eat
> right's emphasis on animal protein, I have moved into eating a little chicken
> and fish, but really do not want to, and if I eat more than just a bit of
> either at a time, will feel ill for days afterward.  I am sure that most of
> that is in my head, but still. . .
No necessarily all in your head.  There are some who believe a typical American
diet will create all sorts of problems, one of them being inability to tolerate
dietary meat/fat well - getting that 'heavy feeling' after eating meat.
Some even put forth explanations for this (e.g. latest book
by Ann Louse Gittleman, that deals with copper/zinc imbalance in the modern
diet. According to her, when there is too much copper, not enough zinc the
body does not tolerate red meats well, which is too bad, since they are just
about the best food to reverse unfavorable copper/zinc balance).  In general,
though, as a person moves off SAD and towards something more sane this goes
away.

Ilya