Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:22:18 -0700
I am new to the list, so here is a little intro before
I respond to the topic.
My name is Jane and I found out about this list on the
BARF diet list I belong to. (BARF is Biologically
Appropriate Raw Food diets for dogs)  I have not been
able to find Neanderthin, and understand that I
probably won't since it is out of print at the moment.
 I would like to know if there are any other books I
can read that would give me an idea of what is and is
not allowed on this type of *diet*.  Also, since most
of what I eat seems to be what will not be allowed,
can anyone give me an idea of what to expect when I do
switch, i.e. detox, switch all at once or gradually,
etc...
About the cutting board, I was researching vinegar and
found a reference to a study that found that using
vinegar and hydrogen peroxide was as effective and
sometimes more effective than bleach or antibacterial
sprays in killing bacteria (do not mix them together
first, spray on separately).  It also said that wood
itself, seemed to have some antibacterial properties,
so they recommended the use of wood cutting boards
over plastic.  I can't find the link but will post it
when I find it.
TIA for any advice, suggestions, etc...
Jane