From:
Aaron Wieland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:32:57 -0400
Nieft / Secola wrote:
> Bones _and_ bone marrow? Could you share some confirmation that marrow has
> heaps of calcium? I have always been on the look out for a detailed
> nutritional analysis of bone marrow--and always dissappointed.

Hmmm, good question.  I'm afraid you'll have to continue being
disappointed.  A friend said that my calcium supplement is derived from
sheep marrow and that marrow was a good source of calcium for H-Gs, but
he may have been mistaken; I'll ask him for the source of his
information.  I spent a little time researching marrow today, but, like
you, was unable to find anything about its calcium content.  I checked
the Canadian Nutrient File; there was an entry for deer marrow, but the
value for calcium was missing.

I'll let you know if I ever find evidence of the presence or absence of
calcium in bone marrow.  Thank you for catching a possible error.

Cheers,
-- Aaron Wieland