NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:51:52 -0400
At 09:04 AM 4/7/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Mark,
>I haven't gone to Bertucci's in about ten years
>because they told me that the sauce had cheese in it.
>Do you leave the sauce off, or was I misinformed?

Either you were misinformed or they changed their recipe since you went.
Their pizza crust (the same crust that they use for their excellent rolls)
has been dairy free for quite some time.

Of course, it would be sensible to ask, since there is the very remote
chance that your particular Bertucci's has a different recipe. Bertucci's
has been very sensitive to food allergies ever since a customer died from a
reaction to nuts in their pesto.

We always say "no cheese" twice when we order, to make sure they got it,
and we always check the box before leaving. So far, they've got it wrong
three times out of perhaps fifty visits. They always correct it, and
sometimes charge nothing due to the wait. Our worst experience was when
they messed up, didn't tell us, made us wait 45 minutes for a replacement,
and it was burnt. The corporate office assured us that the problem wouldn't
happen again (it hasn't), and sent us a very generous gift certificate for
our troubles.

It's an excellent place to go or to order from - I only wish they have more
gluten-free items for my wife :-(

Mark

Mark Feblowitz

Standard disclaimer - I am not a doctor, and am not  giving you advice
on how  you   should  treat your  illness.  If you  decide to  use  my
experience  as a guide, do so  only with the  permission of, and under
the supervision of, a licensed physician.