CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:32:30 +1100
Anthony Abdo wrote:

[...]

>The problem from our angle,  is how to handle the presence of police
>undercover people on-line?

Why is it a problem? What do you have to fear, besides fear itself?

[...]

>Discussing the issue,  can tear a group of comrades apart.

Only if we accept that police spies are a real threat, that's the aforesaid
"fear itself" that we have to fear. But that wouldn't be a danger, if we
didn't fear it in the first place, if you see what I mean.

>Probably the best route, is to not point fingers,  at those whom appear
>to be obviously acting in a sincerely,  insincere manner.      But it
>hurts nobody at all, to just remind comrades, that there are wolves
>amongst us.

Which would probably be of real concern to any sheep that might be among
us. Are there many sheep on-line do you think? Personally, I eat police for
breakfast, I would love one of these tasty snacks to wander into my hunting
range.

Bill Bartlett
Bracknell Tas