C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:25:13 -0700
I think Seniors offten feel jellos when they see us youngers dudes who
are disabled and are able to be-bop in our chairs or drive or
whatever.  Whenever I run into this kind of situation, I do my best to
make conversation with them.  I try and talk about the wheather, list
nights baseball game or whatever.  While some people will go out of
their way to be nasty, there are lots of times after they give me
bull-shit, that they just need to reach out to someone to talk to.
It's a reall bummer that it sometimes has to be that way, but
sometimes that's just the way some people can express their sadness or
anger.

Sometimes if I've had a run in with someone here, if I can show them
I'mnot the bad dude they think I am, I'll see them a few days later
and find that they are much more mellow about it all.

Gary