From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:19:19 -0500
In more southern latitudes, sun light is sufficient, banging the stuff with
rocks helps break it down also. I think pre-chewing does something to break
down and destroy bacteria. Rendering in a cast iron pot over a fire was a
European method. Before then, there were other ways.
  It never ceases to amaze me how people can't think natural. If you look at
the average meat consumption of all the HG groups, the amount of meat
consumed was around 1/3. If you go into nature and try to live off the land,
there is less fruit compared to vegetable foods. Most places have both
almost year round. Different fruit at at least 2-3 seasons. The key is
VARIETY. There was more than beef, pork, lamb and chicken. The same with
vegetables and fruits. If you can eat it raw people, try it!
  BTW. My friends turned me on to 6 does and I just finished turning it all
into jerky and pemmican. I'm set for winter.