From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:47:20 -0500
> actually, i bet you *could* make pemmican without technology, but it would
> require a great deal of time and effort.  but you certainly couldn't post
it
> to this email list without technology :)

Actually, Todd is correct. At the very minimum, domestication of fire is
required to render the animal fat required to make pemmican. Domestication
of fire and subsequent cooking techniques derived therefrom are forms of
technology. As Ray says, if our evolution presupposed the domestication of
fire, we'd have Bic lighters for thumbs.

Troy G.

PS- Why would a Luddite join an email support list?